Homeowners looking for the perfect appliance for their new kitchen will most likely consider a cutting-edge induction hob at one point or another. These appliances have been growing in popularity for a while now and they often make it onto the lists of best ranges available in San Diego. But what exactly is induction cooking? How does it work and what are its biggest advantages and drawbacks?
Keep reading to find out the main features of this innovative approach to cooking and learn how you can benefit from owning an induction cooktop. Then you’ll have an easier time deciding on the model that perfectly fits your family’s needs.
What is special about an induction cooktop?
Induction ranges and cooktops have a few things in common with their electric counterparts. Obviously, they’re all used for cooking, and the chances are you wouldn’t be able to tell an electric cooktop from an induction one just by looking at them. However, their mechanics are completely different.
The burners on standard electric cooktops and ranges receive heat from metal coils that are located underneath. An electric current heats the coils and they, in turn, transfer heat onto the burners, the pot, and finally, the food you’re cooking. On the other hand, induction cooking is based on the use of copper coils, which produce a magnetic current. This current is transferred directly onto the pot. This type of heat transfer has multiple benefits.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of an induction cooktop?
If you’re trying to decide whether to purchase an induction cooktop, keep in mind that, like any appliance, it comes with its own set of pros and cons. Here’s what you need to know.
- Lower energy consumption: Compared to similar appliances, they are much more energy-efficient. Apart from being gentler to the environment, this means your utility bills will also be lower.
- Faster food preparation: These appliances reach your desired temperature much more rapidly than those that use other heating methods. This can be very useful when you’re in a hurry.
- Added safety and convenience: Since their surfaces don’t get hot, there’s no risk of accidents if you touch it. For the same reason, if you spill some food onto it, it won’t require any scraping and it will come off easily.
- Higher price: If you’re looking for budget-friendly options, it may be a little harder to find an induction cooktop that’s a good match because they generally come at higher price points.
- Cookware requirements: These appliances only work with certain types of pots and pans, such as those made from stainless steel and cast iron. This may mean you’ll have to purchase new cookware too.
- Maintenance needs: Just like other glass cooktops, they require correct maintenance. You’ll have to adopt accurate cleaning tactics and be gentle on them so they don’t get scratched and damaged.
Who sells the very best ranges in San Diego?
Here at Lars Home & Kitchen Appliances, you’ll find the largest selection of stylish and functional additions for your home. These include quality induction cooktops crafted by Profile, Sharp, Ilve, Café, Verona, and many others. We can also help you complete the beautiful design of your kitchen in Scripps Ranch with other appliances, like energy-efficient refrigerators and popular oven models.
We’ll gladly walk you through the assortment of products we offer, letting you know how to use each induction appliance safely and what their best features are. Select one of these premium appliances, place it in the perfect spot in your kitchen, and enjoy cooking more effortlessly than ever before!