When you purchase a premium appliance, longevity and durability are important aspects to consider. After years of intensive testing and research, Cove dishwashers join Sub-Zero and Wolf kitchen specialists with the manufacturing process designed to last over 20 years of rigorous daily use.
While it’s important to purchase a model made by a dependable brand, like Cove dishwashers available in San Diego, it’s also vital to take care of your appliances properly. Learn how to care for your dishwasher and you’ll be able to use it for years to come.
What maintenance does a dishwasher need?
Here are a few things you should do to make sure your dishwasher stands the test of time:
- Clean the filter: If the filter isn’t regularly cleaned, it can create unpleasant smells and lead to mold growth. Check the owner’s manual to discover what type of filter you have. It’s best to remove it once a month and thoroughly wash it well with hot water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Read on for cleaning tips!
- Load the dishes properly: Remove the grease that sticks to the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Be careful not to overload the dishwasher and choose the right cycle based on the types of dishes you’re washing, such as fine china or heavy-duty pans.
- Clean the inside of the dishwasher: There are homemade cleaning agents you can run the dishwasher with to give it a pick-me-up from time to time. A basic mixture of dish soap, warm water and white vinegar will minimize the amount of food and detergent residue that inevitably sticks to the inside of the appliance.
- Take care of the gasket: The gasket prevents water leaks, so it’s essential for it to work properly. Use warm soapy water and a toothbrush to clean it. If mold or mildew are present, spray with three percent hydrogen peroxide.
- Make sure the spray arms aren’t clogged: The holes in the appliance’s spray arms may have some build-up that could stop them from spraying water. It can easily be cleaned out by placing them under running water and using a paper clip (or something similar) to remove any debris.
What is the best way to clean the inside of a dishwasher?
Vinegar is an amazing DIY cleaner that can safely be used on a variety of household surfaces, including the inside of your dishwasher. It will help remove the food and detergent residue that accumulates on the inside of the appliance. Simply pour vinegar into a container, place it inside the dishwasher, and run a hot water cycle. It’s a simple and effective solution that will keep your dishwasher sparkling.
How often should a dishwasher be serviced?
In general, dishwashers don’t require a lot of professional maintenance if they’re kept clean. However, you should always keep an eye out for potential signs of malfunctions from debris accumulating over time. Some symptoms of a malfunctioning dishwasher include:
- Decreased effectiveness
- Noises out of the ordinary
- Inability to drain and/or fill
- Leaking water
Where can I buy excellent Cove dishwashers in San Diego?
Lars Home & Kitchen Appliances offers exceptional dishwasher models designed by Cove, Miele, Fisher & Paykel, and other well-established brands. Residents of El Cajon and the nearby areas can come by our showroom to see these top-quality products by themselves and find one that matches their needs. After your new appliance is installed and ready for use, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of all its outstanding features, like strictly controlled water and energy consumption.
Consider the features that would bring you the most joy and convenience, then come to us with your list of requirements and we’ll make sure you find exactly what you’re looking for. Purchase a sturdy dishwasher that facilitates housework and saves you both time and effort. Contact us today!