If you dislike the fact that drinks take up a lot of space on your refrigerator shelves and need a suitable place to store them, why not consider buying a beverage cooler? It’ll keep your favorite drinks refreshingly cold and ready for whenever visitors drop by. You’ll also be able to keep an eye on your supply and know exactly when it’s time to re-stock.
Keep reading to learn how to find a top-performing beverage cooler and get to know the difference between this and other similar appliances. When you go out in search of Perlick beverage coolers in San Diego, this understanding of refrigeration will make your shopping experience much more enjoyable.
What’s the difference between a wine cooler, beverage cooler and refrigerator?
When you first start exploring your refrigeration options, you will likely find yourself perplexed to say the least. With all the different brands, features, and prices, it’s no wonder most buyers feel overwhelmed. The distinction between different kinds of refrigerators may be especially confusing. Here’s how to make it:
- Regular refrigerators: These are the types of appliances that you’ll find in most residential kitchens. They have a huge variety of options, like adjustable shelving, different capacities, door options, defrost types, etc. The temperature inside them is about 40°F.
- Wine refrigerators: Wine should be kept at a temperature of approximately 55°F. Because other types of refrigerators operate at a lower temperature, having this type of unit is necessary if you want to preserve the quality of your wine. Their shelves are especially designed to store wine bottles. They come in different sizes and can have a variety of extra features.
- Beverage refrigerators: These appliances have a temperature of about 40-45°F, which makes them more like a regular refrigerator as opposed to a wine refrigerator. It’s made to be the perfect storage space for drinks of different kinds, from juice to beer. They have transparent doors and LED lights, so you can keep track of your inventory. While regular refrigerators are typically larger, either built-in or free-standing, wine and beverage coolers are usually undercounter units and have lower capacities.
What is the best beverage cooler to buy?
Here are a few things to focus on while browsing your options:
- Think about what kinds of drinks you’ll keep inside. Some units are made to store cans, others are designed for bottles, and certain models can do both.
- Decide how many drinks you’ll store. Determine the capacity you’re looking for based on this.
- You can go for an undercounter model or a free-standing one, based on how much room you have and the layout of your space.
- Consider additional features, like safety locks (to keep children from accidentally stumbling onto alcohol), temperature settings (which let you fine-tune the temperature), and more.
- If you’d like to place it on your patio, check if it can be safely used outdoors and consider the outdoor models available. Learn how to care for your outdoor unit to make sure you properly maintain it.
Where can I purchase quality Perlick beverage coolers in San Diego?
In case you’re renovating your kitchen or outdoor dining area, and you need a beverage cooler to cap off your project, visit Lars Home & Kitchen Appliances Showroom and take your pick. A brand new appliance from our selection of premium products will boost the looks, practicality, and energy efficiency of your property in Carlsbad or the vicinity.
Rest assured that here you’ll receive outstanding customer service and gain insight into the world of top-of-the-line home appliances. Not sure how to reach a decision? Run your requirements by us and we’ll help you find your best match. We guarantee you’ll be happy about your purchase!