If you’re planning an overhaul of your backyard dining area, you’re in for an exciting and rewarding project. A major part of this home improvement process will be the selection of outdoor furniture and appliances.
No barbecue area can do without good refrigeration. Whether you’re a wine connoisseur or a bona fide foodie, you’ll need a way to keep food and drinks away from the heat while you’re relaxing in your backyard.
Explore the ins and outs of outdoor refrigeration and learn how to avoid the common mistakes people make. Then you’ll feel absolutely comfortable purchasing your very own outdoor Perlick refrigerator in San Diego.
Can you keep a refrigerator outside?
Yes, under certain conditions. Here are some questions to consider:
- Is it approved for outdoor use? Indoor and outdoor refrigerators are different. Only outdoor units can withstand greater temperature fluctuations and still work properly. Indoor models wouldn’t last long if they were placed outside.
- Where exactly will it be placed? Even though outdoor models are made to handle more than their indoor counterparts, they still need some protection from the sunlight. Otherwise, your energy bills will go up and your appliance may not work optimally.
- What’s the weather like in your area? Even outdoor units can suffer in extreme weather. In colder climates, the refrigerator may malfunction when the temperature outside plummets. In milder climates, your unit will be safe as long as you keep it out of direct sunlight.
Is there a difference between indoor and outdoor refrigerators?
Although both types of appliances are produced for cooling purposes and may look the same to an untrained eye, there’s actually a big difference. Outdoor models have better insulation so that they can handle greater temperature variations. While they could work indoors too, a unit that’s made exclusively for indoor use would struggle outside.
Can outdoor refrigerators get wet?
Indoor units are typically prone to rust if they come in contact with water. On the other hand, outdoor models are made from materials that handle moisture well (304 food grade stainless steel or higher). That is not to say that you should leave your refrigerator out in a rainstorm – it should still be shielded from extreme weather conditions, just in case.
How do I get the most out of my outdoor refrigerator?
With a few simple precautions, you’ll be able to count on pleasantly cool food and beverages at all times. Plus, you’ll extend the useful life of your appliance and save money in the long run. Here’s what to do:
- Protect it from the weather extremes and keep it out of direct sunlight.
- Keep the area around the unit free from dirt and debris.
- Make sure that there’s enough space around it for proper ventilation.
- Clean your refrigerator and examine it on a regular basis.
Where do I find an outdoor Perlick refrigerator in San Diego?
Are you putting together an outdoor dining area and need a high-quality refrigerator to enhance its functionality? Are you interested in the differences between wine and beer refrigerators? Or maybe you need help picking the best undercounter refrigerator? Visit Lars Home & Kitchen Appliances Showroom and get answers to these and other questions directly from the experts.
Lars is a go-to appliance supplier for residents of Point Loma and other communities in San Diego. We offer a wide assortment of exclusive appliances whose premium features and great looks can meet any client’s expectations. Get a functionality boost, improve the energy efficiency of your home, and enjoy the elevated style a top-quality appliance will bring. Reach out to us today!