In case you’re looking for a refrigerator for sale in San Diego, CA, you must have noticed the gorgeous French door models that most manufacturers are putting out these days. You may be enamored with their sophisticated appearance and spacious interior shelving, but are they really what you need?
Learn more about the stylish French door refrigerators to work out if they would make a good addition to your kitchen. Compare each perk and downside against your specific requirements and you should have your answer. Let’s take a closer look at the features of these stylish appliances.
What is the benefit of French door refrigerator?
These units have several important perks, which is the reason why they’re steadily growing in popularity. Here are some advantages to consider:
- Timeless aesthetic appeal: If you love classic elegance, these appliances will help you achieve the interior design style you’re going for. They’re symmetrical, traditional, and often fitted with beautiful hardware.
- Excellent for storing fresh ingredients: They give you plenty of room to store fresh food for your family at the optimal temperature, oftentimes within specialized temperature-controlled compartments. They offer ample horizontal shelving of different kinds.
- Perfect for big families: Because they’re double the width of a standard model, these appliances are great for large households. You’ll never have to worry about not knowing where to put your food.
- Enhanced flexibility: Manufacturers these days often make use of cutting-edge technology to provide consumers with various additional options. For example, you may be able to adjust the compartments to suit your needs or have a refrigerator drawer for greater functionality.
Do French door refrigerators have more problems?
In general, these models do tend to malfunction in several ways. Problems can often happen with the ice maker and the temperature regulation of the bottom-mounted freezer. And when these units do break, they’re generally more costly to repair than other models.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the only downside they exhibit:
- Owing to the surge in their popularity in recent years, their price is higher than that of their counterparts. Many consumers believe that paying a little extra for the added perks is absolutely worth it.
- They also require a spacious kitchen because they’re wider than conventional models and take up plenty of room when you swing their doors open. So, if you have a compact galley or one-wall kitchen, this kind of unit is unlikely to work for you.
- In addition, they usually make less use of vertical space than side-by-side and other models. Although they make up for this by providing more horizontal space, if you store a lot of bottles and other taller items, they’re probably not a way to go.
- Finally, their freezers aren’t as spacious as the ones offered by side-by-side refrigerators. If freezing is your thing, they won’t do the trick.
Where can I find a quality French door refrigerator for sale in San Diego, CA?
Here at Lars Home & Kitchen Appliances Showroom, you can see world’s leading refrigerator designs and discuss their pros and cons with our helpful staff. If you ultimately decide against buying a model with French doors, we recommend you check out our high-end bottom or top-mounted freezer units. Share your requests with us, and we’ll find the best options together.
Your home in North Park or the nearby areas could also benefit from a brand new range hood, cooktop, oven, dishwasher, or another reliable appliance from our comprehensive selection. We carry top-rated brands like Perlick, JennAir, Smeg, Miele, and others. Lars is synonymous with quality and dependability – reach out to us and experience it first-hand!