With the growing popularity of steam cooking, steam ovens are finding their way into more and more American homes. In case you’re unsure of the benefits and features of these modern appliances, read on to discover the things that have made many homeowners switch from conventional oven models.
After you consider the advantages of steam ovens, you’ll be ready to browse Wolf steam ovens in San Diego’s stores without anything flying under the radar. Also, check out our cooktop or rangetop shopping guide so you can complete your kitchen with top-tier appliances.
Let’s see what sets steam ovens apart from other similar appliances.
Is it worth getting a steam oven?
A steam oven differs greatly from standard and convection ovens. It operates by heating up water to produce steam. The water either comes from a tank that you fill and put inside or from a separate water line.
It can be a solid investment because steam cooking has several advantages:
- Health benefits: Steam cooking is one of the best methods to prepare healthy, nutritious meals. Steamed food is likely to preserve its taste and stay juicy and soft.
- Fast and effective: Steam ovens can save your time as well as reduce your energy bills because they cook food more quickly than any other oven type.
- Preparing tender foods: Steaming produces great results even with delicate ingredients, exposing them to adequate temperatures without drying them out.
Can a steam oven replace a regular oven?
Would it be fine if you only purchased a steam oven and ditched a standard one altogether? It depends on your needs. If you intend to prepare most of your food by steaming, this is definitely doable. However, most people like having the option of using a conventional oven, too.
If you have a spacious kitchen, we’d recommend getting one of each. However, if space is scarce, purchasing a combination or convection steam oven, which lets you have the best of both worlds.
What is the best steam oven to buy?
If you’re wondering what to look for in a steam oven, here are a few things to note:
- Size: It goes without saying that you need to have precise measurements of available space in your kitchen. Also, think about how often you’ll use your steam oven when deciding on the size.
- Water tank size: The bigger the tank, the better. A larger tank means less work on your part. It’s helpful if you can access the tank without opening the oven door. This prevents heat from escaping and also reduces the danger of burns.
- Condensation options: Is the oven equipped with a condensation tank, collection cavity, drain tube, or another condensation feature? Research the pros and cons of each and pick your favorite.
- Extra add-ons: Depending on your preferences, you may look for a certain style of controls, a fan function for faster steam cooking, or other additional characteristics.
Where can I find premium Wolf steam ovens and other oven brands in San Diego?
Why don’t you visit Lars Appliances Showroom? You can also look through our selection of modern ovens and other durable appliances online. Purchase a new steam oven, rangetop, dishwasher, or refrigerator and boost the looks and functionality of your kitchen in Rancho Santa Fe or elsewhere in San Diego.
If you need our team’s assistance, we’ll be happy to take you through the perks of any appliance that catches your eye. We’ll do our best to match you up with a quality piece that will blend with your kitchen design seamlessly. The staff can advise you on what oven to buy, present you with different cooktop options, and more.
A dependable appliance is a true lifesaver, so pick out one of our quality pieces today.