Laundry rooms are often overlooked when it comes to design, but also have a lot of unused potential. Creating a productive and appealing laundry room can truly transform this mundane chore into something more enjoyable.
There’s a lot to consider before you begin, such as the room’s location, the noise level, as well as the appliances and accessories you need. For a home that features design perfection, visit your local showroom for high end laundry appliances and get an idea of what an ideal laundry room in San Diego should look like.
How do I design my laundry room?
To get the most out of your space, check out these four expert design tips:
Step #1: Pick the right location
Choosing a location for the laundry room is the first step. Start by considering your lifestyle and the space you have. While some people prefer their laundry room on the same level as the living area, others choose to convert their basements so they can keep the noise out.
Step #2: Prioritize functionality
Plan your space based on your primary laundry duties. For instance, adding drying cabinets, drying racks, shelves, counters, and rods to it can make household chores easier. Here are a few things you need to remember when setting up a laundry room:
- Organize your sorting area with bins or baskets.
- Keep detergent and other supplies close at hand. Here are just some of the items you’ll need: a textile softener, stain remover, dryer sheets, an iron, and a steamer for clothing.
- Set up a tabletop or counter space for folding your laundry. Make sure to pick a durable option suitable for kitchens and bathrooms.
Step #3: Invest in quality appliances
Purchasing a washer and dryer can be a complicated task given the variety of options available. To wash your clothes with care and ease, your local appliance store is the best source for information about the latest washing machines and dryers.
However, here are some qualities you need to be aware of before you start shopping:
- Front or top loading models – While front-loaders can be hard on your back, they’re more effective at removing stains from fabrics. However, modern top-loaders have smaller dimensions which allow them to fit into tighter spaces easily.
- Stackable washers – Stacking machines are space-saving. However, to prevent toppling, make sure they are properly attached.
- Washer/dryer combos – These models allow you to dry clothing automatically after washing them, or you can run them separately.
Step #4: Plan for storage
Laundry rooms are often small, making storage and organization crucial. To make it a calmer and more hygienic place, provide ample storage, such as closed and open shelving. As a result, you’ll be able to hide loads of unfolded laundry and keep household cleaners safely out of reach of children. Furthermore, you should have a separate upright area for ironing boards, a charging station for a hand-held vacuum cleaner, as well as enough cabinets for ironed clothes.
Find quality high end laundry appliances in San Diego at our showroom
Wondering how to use your home appliances more effectively? Or perhaps you’re looking for expert advice on how to create a cohesive look for your interior space? If so, Lars Remodeling & Design can help.
As a leading supplier of kitchen appliances, Lars Appliance Showroom offers you the latest trends for your La Jolla home, such as washers, fridges, ranges, ovens, as well as other sophisticated appliances of the finest quality. It will be our pleasure to welcome you and show you everything we have in store to help you design your dream home.