If you’d like to invest in top-quality glass cooktop, you’re on the right track because you can find an extensive selection of functional and beautiful cooktops in San Diego. Once you’ve settled on the ideal unit for your kitchen and brought it home, you’ll need to look into ways to protect it. As with any appliance, there are certain maintenance strategies that owners should know if they want to keep it in mint condition.
Read on to learn how to keep your glass cooktop working properly and looking great for years to come. It only requires a few easy steps.
How do you clean glass cooktops?
One of the best parts of owning a glass cooktop is how elegant its smooth, shiny surface looks when it’s pristinely clean. However, its appearance can quickly deteriorate if you let spills accumulate. Here’s how to keep it sparkling day in, day out:
- Clean regularly: The most effective way to keep your appliance spotless is to wipe it clean after each use, especially if there are any food stains. You should wait for the surface to cool down before you do it. It won’t take up a lot of your time but it can make a world of difference.
- Deep clean from time to time: You can treat your induction cooktop to a more in-depth clean on a weekly basis. Read the user manual before you try to remove any tough stains. This way, you’ll make sure you’re using safe techniques that are recommended by the manufacturer.
- Use suitable cleaning supplies: Opt for gentle and natural cleaners, like vinegar and baking soda. To restore its shine, you could lightly spray the cooktop with vinegar and sprinkle some baking soda on top. Then you can soak a cloth in hot water, wring it out, and put it over the mixture for ten to fifteen minutes. Finally, wipe everything away using a microfiber cloth.
Do glass cooktops scratch easily?
Unfortunately, glass cooktops are prone to scratching if they aren’t handled with care. If you use your appliance carefully, you can minimize the possibility of scratches. Here’s how to do it:
- Always pick up your cookware instead of dragging it back and forth over the surface.
- Use cookware with smooth bottom surfaces.
- Clean the bottom sides of your cookware.
- Don’t use harsh abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on your glass cooktop.
What kind of pots can you use on a glass cooktop?
Your choice of cookware matters if you have a glass-top stove. It’s also particularly important to follow the precautions for using induction cooktops since induction doesn’t work well with some type of cookware. Here are some materials that you can use safely on glass:
- Stainless steel or titanium with an aluminum base
- Aluminum with non-stick coating
- Copper coated with stainless steel
You shouldn’t use uncoated ceramic or cast-iron pots because they could damage your stove.
Who’s the leading provider of quality cooktops in San Diego?
Lars Home & Kitchen Appliances Showroom is here to provide you the best, most energy-efficient appliances for your home in Rancho Peñasquitos, including high-quality glass cooktops and ranges. Cooking will be a joy with one of the top-performing units produced by JennAir, Miele, Wolf, Smeg, Verona, Fisher & Paykel, and many others.
You can also outfit your kitchen with other excellent products, like cutting-edge refrigerators and high-performing ovens. You’ll be able to find a wide range of complementary styles, finishes, and colors in our large offer. In case you need other appliances for your home, we’re at your disposal too. Upgrade your house and your lifestyle by picking out a unit from our assortment!