Range hoods are a staple of modern kitchens for many reasons. Apart from keeping indoor air quality in check and removing cooking smells, they also eliminate excess heat and provide you with additional lighting. These useful devices facilitate food preparation and ensure you have greater comfort while cooking.
If you’ve been browsing JennAir range hoods in San Diego, you must have noticed the variety of features, options, and styles that grace cutting-edge range hoods. Before you make your decision, learn how to purchase a quality range hood that will last for years to come.
How do I choose the right range hood?
There are several different factors to consider when you’re picking out a new range hood:
- What’s the size of your rangetop or cooktop? For maximum efficiency, your hood should ideally be 3 inches wider than your stove top.
- Do you have an electric or gas cooktop? If you have a gas cooktop, you’ll probably need better ventilation.
- How much do you cook? If you often have all burners working overtime, the chances are that you require a more powerful hood.
- Where would you like to place your hood? Think about whether you need an undercabinet hood, island hood, or another option.
- What is your interior design style? While some homeowners like their hood to make a statement, others prefer them blending seamlessly.
- Should you go ducted or ductless? Assess the pros and cons of the two distinct range hood types.
Which is better: ducted or ductless range hood?
Because both ducted and ductless hoods come with several perks and drawbacks, the final choice entirely depends on your specific needs. Ducted hoods are better suited for homeowners who cook a lot and have bigger ranges. Overall, they are said to operate more efficiently because the steam generated by cooking is expelled through the duct.
On the other hand, ducted hoods have to be attached to a duct, which limits placement possibilities. This is where ductless hoods come in. Instead of a duct, they contain an activated charcoal filter that filters the air. Since they don’t need a connection to an air duct, they can be placed anywhere in your kitchen.
How many CFM do I need for my range hood?
Cubic feet per minute (CFM) is the measure of your range hood’s ventilation power. Before you determine the CFM value of your ideal range hood, you’ll need to know your cooktop’s BTU. BTU stands for British thermal unit and it’s used to measure the power of your cooktop. As a rule of thumb, the BTU has to be at least 100 times larger than the CFU. For example, if your stove has 30,000 BTU, your range hood will need a minimum of 300 CFU.
Where do I find high-end JennAir range hoods in San Diego?
If you’re looking for top-tier appliances made by the world’s leading brands, contact Lars Appliances. At our Showroom, you can find a perfect range hood, select a durable garbage disposal unit, pick a quality microwave, or go home with a premium wine cooler – it’s up to you. One thing’s for sure: the item you choose will be durable, stylish, and highly functional.
Turn to our friendly staff for more information about products manufactured by JennAir, Sub-Zero, Wolf, Fisher & Paykel, and other appliance brands. When you wish to elevate the look of your kitchen or another room in the house, give us a call at (858) 879-0456 or visit us in Kearny Mesa. Why struggle with subpar appliances when you can have the best?